Its Valentines week & I have been busy taking cake orders. I am sure by now you know that I have a home baking business here in Texas & I have named it "Sweetzions Bakehouse". If you haven't been to my page yet, please go there & like my page:). This week is a busy week for me & I already feel exhausted.
I had promised myself that I would do video recipes without fail and I am so glad that I kept up to my promise:) I have taken a video recipe today, while I was making my chicken Malai kebab. This recipe is my version & the most simplest version. I make these more often coz its so flavorful & healthy too. I also tried to add cauliflower into these kebabs. If you are a vegetarian, you can omit the chicken & add just cauliflowers. This is how I made it.
Making time: 2 hours
cook time: 22 minutes
Serves: 5- 6 people
For video recipe click here
- 120 gms Boneless chicken cut into cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower Florets (Around 10 florets)
- 3 Tbsp cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp yogurt
- 3 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tspn cardamom seeds
- 7 flake Garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 5 green chilis chopped
- 1 Tbsp Kasuri methi
- salt as per taste
- 3 Tbspn Olive oil
- 4 to 5 Wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes (optional)
- Grind the ginger, garlic, green chili, cardamom & salt in a blender or mixer to a semi smooth paste
- Now in a bowl add cream cheese, yogurt, ground paste, lemon juice, kasuri methi & make a smooth paste for Malai Kebab. This will be the marinade for the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken & cauliflower in the smooth Malai paste. Set this in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. This process will season the chicken well & also make the chicken tender.
- After 2 hours of marinating, line the chicken in the skewers & bake them in the pre heated oven for 20 minutes at 400 degree. After 20 minutes, remove chicken & apply olive oil on top of the chicken. Now put them back in the oven & bake them for another 3 minutes at 480 degrees.
- Now the Kebabs are ready & just brush some butter on top of the chicken just before serving.