From today my lill boy is going for full day school. All these while I knew that I had to pick him by 2 & then he is at home troubling me & talking non stop. Today its noon time & I am already missing him. Hope he does better in school & enjoys the full day. Now that I have a lot of time alone, I really have to utilize it very well. Currently I am watching this series "Switched at Birth" & whenever I am bored I watch this on Netflix. Currently I am watching it too:) Today I am sharing with you all a very tasty & my favorite cake recipe "Banoffe Cake" Its a simple Vanilla sponge cake with Banana, toffee & whipped cream filling. I had made this cake couple of months ago for one of my friends Birthday celebration. This is how it is made..
Makes: 8 inch 2 layered cake
Serves: 15-20 people
Making time: 60-90 minutes
- For the Basic sponge cake recipe click here
- For the toffee sauce click here
- 3 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tspn Vanilla Extract
- 3 medium riped Bananas cut into small rings.
- Whip the cream along with sugar & Vanilla until stiff peaks. You will need t use an electric beater or whisk attachment for the stand mixer. This process will take about 4 to 6 minutes. Once the cream reaches stiff peaks, just refrigerate it.
- Once the cake has been cooled down, cut them into 2 half's or just one depending on the height of your cake.
- Apply a layer of Toffee sauce (Dulce de leche) on top of the cake, now layer the chopped Bananas on top & then the whipped cream with a spatula.
- If you have another layer of cake, then continue the same process of layering, sauce, banana & cream. Once the layering is done, cover the whole cake with whipped cream.
- I used a star tip, colored the whipped cream with shades of pink & designed the cake.