I have become very lazy to blog after moving to Austin. I am always busy with something or the other & been addicted to TV off late:) Well I have also been taking cake decoration class here & I realized that I love teaching so much. My classes went on very well & my students were great. I finally thought, I should seriously make some time for blogging & here I am the "lazy me" Some of you must have already checked my egg masala video recipe. Today I will be posting the same recipe here. You can also visit the video here.
Making time: 30-40 mins
Video Recipe : here
- 5 Boiled eggs
- 2 cups thinly chopped onions (Cut them long)
- 2 medium red tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced Ginger
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 6 to 8 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala Powder (Everest)
- Salt as per taste
- 4 Tbsp. of Oil
- Boil around 5 to 6 eggs. For perfect boiled eggs, make sure you are using cold water. The eggs should be fully covered under water & boil them for 12- 15 mins. Add a tbsp. of salt to the water. Once they are boiled, put them in the cold water & wait for another 5 to 10 mins until they are cooled. Once they are cooled completed, remove the skin slowly. This way you will get perfect boiled eggs.
- Add about 2 Tbsp. of oil in a Pan, once heated, crackle the mustard seeds
- Add in ginger garlic & onions into them. Now allow the onions to turn pink. This will take about 3 to 5 mins. Make sure you keep sautéing in between.
- Once the onions turn pink, add in tomatoes & cook this again for another 3 to 5 mins, until the tomatoes are all mashed up.
- Add in all the dry Masala powder into this mixture & saute well.
- Season this with salt as per taste & also add in curry leaves.
- Cut the eggs into half. Now in a separate flat pan, add about 2 tbsp. of oil and shallow fry the eggs for about 2 to 3 minutes on both sides.
- Now slowly coat the Masala on to the fried eggs & the dish is ready to serve.
- Please watch the video recipe to know how exactly the eggs are fried & added. Click here for the video
- If you want to make a curry, just add a cup of hot water to the masala & 1/2 cup of coconut milk.