We have a big Indian Girls group here in Austin & I am happy to be part of this group. Whatsup keeps us connected for planning events, chitchat etc.... Most of the girls in this group are vegetarians & don't even eat eggs. I am now kind of an official baker for all celebrations. I made this eggless Chocolate cake for one of the friends B day celebration. This recipe is slightly different from the regular eggless recipe I follow. The cake turned out very good & had a good spongy texture. This is how I made it.
Baking time: 40 mins
Making time: 60 mins
Makes: 2, 9 inch round cakes. Or 1 tall 9 inch cake.
- Cake flour - 2 cup
- 1 can/tin Milkmaid (Condensed milk)
- Sugar -1/4 cup (1 cup if you want it very sweet)
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Butter- 120 gms
- Vanilla essence -1tsp
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup 7 up or sprite
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes. Grease and flour 2, 9 inch cake pan
- Sieve Flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, soda and keep it aside.
- Cream the Butter, sugar & condensed milk with a electric beater for 3 minutes.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the above wet mixture & beat for another 1 minutes until well mixed.
- Now pour 1 cup of 7 up & beat the batter on high speed for about a minute.
- Pour the cake batter equally in 2, 9 inch cake pans & bake it for about 25- 30 mins at 350 Degree F.
- Once the cakes are done, allow them to cool down for about 10 mins & then remove them from the Pan. All the cake to cool completely on a rack/plate before cutting or decorating.
- I decorated the cake with Dairy whipping cream & filled it with chocolate whipping cream.
- I used the big star tip to get this Rosette pattern.
- I have used around 4 cups of whipping cream for this cake.
- This cake is a 3 layered cake. The above recipe will make 2, 9 inch cake. If you want another layer, Just half the recipe & bake another 9 inch cake.
- Whipping cream is very light & can get smutched off easily. The high heat also melt off the cake. Generally I add gelatin in my whipping cream recipe to stabilize the cream. Since this cake was a vegetarian cake, I dint use whipping cream.