My laptop is not working well & it has been very very slow. Its been close to 2 months since I blogged. Nevertheless my kitchen has been busy as usual & I have been trying out so many new dishes. I cant tell you how desperate I have been to get back to blogging & share my recipes. However I have been active on facebook & have been replying to all Korporate2kitchen fans:).
Time really flies & I cant believe its already 6 months since we moved here to Austin. We still haven't explored much in this city & we need to start doing that soon. All these while our weekends have been just shopping, taking zion to parks & house parties. You already know how much I love cooking for others. Last Friday we had a great time with our new friends here in Austin. It was our Anniversary last week, so celebrated with friends on Friday at our home. Well the menu was Malai chicken Kebab, Stewed Pork ribs, Chicken Dum Biriyani, Stuffed Mushrooms & Orange cheese cake.
Well today I will be sharing a very healthy & tasty cake recipe. Mom's are always finding ways to incorporate beggies in theirs childs diet & here is the great way to do it. The good news is this is a no butter cake & really tasty moist cake. I am sure you will love it & also your kids will eat them without any fuss. So here you go "Banana carrot cake"
serves: 25 pieces
Making time: 1 hours
Baking time: 30 mins
13*18 inch rectangular sheet Pan
- 4 medium size carrots grated
- 3 over riped Bananas mashed with a fork
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1. 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbspn Vanilla extract
- 1.5 tspb baking powder
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil (vegetable/sunflower/ canola)
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tspn nutmeg powder
- 3/4th cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree c. Grease a rectangular sheet Pan & line it with parchment paper.
- Sift in the dry ingredients & set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, oil & sugar for about 5 to 8 minutes, until it looks like pale white Mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix in the whipping cream into the wet mixture & add in the dry ingredients little by little wishing in between. Once all the dry ingredients in mixed in, beat it on a electric beater for about a minute until its well mixed.
- Finally add in the grated carrots & mashed bananas & give it a good mix with a hand whisk or spoon,
- Pour this batter into the sheet pan & bake it for about 30 to 40 minutes or until tooth pick insert comes out clean.
- 250 gms cream cheese softened
- 1 stick butter(120 gms)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted icing sugar
- Beat the cream cheese, butter & Vanilla extract together with an electric beater or stand mixer for a minute.
- Now start adding icing sugar 1 cup at a time & keep beating until the icing is light & fluffy. This process will take about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now the icing is ready & fill it in a piping bag & decorate the way your want or just spread it on top of the cooled cake with a spatula.