Well coming back to today's post, since we are moving, I have been busy with finishing off the groceries in the pantry. I figured out that I have a big packet of almonds & wanted to put these into use. We all know the good benefits of almonds & hence I made a cake out of these. I got this recipe from Happy home baking site, you can check here beautiful site here . I tried to tweak in the recipe a little & the results were fabulous. This cake is very moist & soft. Its like melt in your mouths type. We all loved this cake & here is the recipe.
Baking time: 45 mins
total time: 1 hours
6 inch round pan or 8 inch round pan
- 150 g butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 90g ground almonds (almond powder) (almost a cup)
- 100 gms plain flour (almost 3/4th cup)
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Pre-heat oven at 180degC. Grease (with butter) and flour the sides of a 6 inch pan, line the base with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cream the butter & sugar for 2 minutes until light & fluffy.
- Add in the eggs into them & beat for another 1 minute.
- Now add the almond powder, four, baking powder, vanilla essence, salt & milk. Beat with an electric mixer or whisk. When quite light and fluffy, spoon into the prepared pan and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake at 180degC for 40-45mins, or until the sponge just springs back when pressed . (If you are using 8 inch pan then the baking time can be reduced to 30- 35 mins)
- Run a thin bladed knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool.
How to powder almonds: Just put the whole almonds in the mixer or blender & blend it to a fine powder. I did mine with the skin on.