( Tender chicken cooked in Cashew paste & clarified butter)
Earlier I have shared Chicken Ghee roast recipe, which is a true Mangalorean dish. While talking to Mummy, she told me that she experimented something & it was more delicious than the regular Ghee roast. Now that I have tried this recipe, I must admit that this is more tastier than the regular ghee roast. A big Thank you to Mummy for coming up with such a tasty recipe. The best part of the recipe is its simplicity. This recipe has very few ingredients & gets done under 20 mins. Here is the recipe & enjoy it! This is how I made it
Making time: 20 - 30 mins
Serves: 5 people
- 1 kg whole chicken cleaned & cut into medium size pieces
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1/4 tspn Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tspn Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 15 whole cashew nuts
- 1 Tbspn lemon juice
- 1 Tbspn minced ginger & garlic
- 1 Tbspn cooking oil
- 2 Tbspn Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a heavy bottom Kadai/ Pan add 1 tbspn of cooking oil, fry the ginger garlic for a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt, turmeric powder & saute well until well combined.
- Now covered the lid & cook the chicken on low flame for about 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Saute in between to avoid chicken from sticking to the bottom. (Add 1/4 cup of water only if required)
- Once the chicken is cooked the water in the chicken needs to drain off. Turn off the flame & set the chicken aside.
- In a mixer/ blender, make a powder of Cashew, cumin powder & chili powder.
- Now add in 1/4 cup of warm water to this cashew powder & set aside.
- In a Pan add 2 tbspn of ghee & add the cashew paste in it. Cook this on low flame for about 2 minutes, until fat separate.
- Now mix in the cooked chicken into this fried cashew paste & give it a good mix.
- Finally garnish the dish with some lemon juice & coriander leaves.
- In Singapore we get tender chicken so cook time is lesser. Well back in India the chicken is very hard, so you may have to cook the chicken for longer.
- Since chicken has a lot of water in it, no need to add extra water. Just in case you feel the chicken is drying out & not cooked yet, only then add water.
- If you want you can marinate the chicken with salt & turmeric powder & keep. I dint as I am always in a hurry to cook:)