We had a special guest over for lunch on Sunday & I cooked so many things. I made 3 types of starters, Prawn Ghee roast, Prawn Pepper fry, & Chicken 65 to go with drinks. For the Main course it was Appam, Chicken Stew , Beef Fry, Chicken Biriyani & Pineapple Raita. For the dessert it was our home fav " Banoffee pie.Our guest was so happy to see & try so many different variety of food. He kept saying very good for every dish that he tasted & also said it was of 5 star standard:) Now tell me what else do I need? I was all flying in the air:).Sundays are my maid's off days & I had to manage all by myself. I had told her to cut all the vegetables that I need in the morning itself, so it was easier for me to cook. All went on well & I was able to cook all of the above, except Beef fry under 2 hours. I had made Beef fry the previous night, as it taste better as it gets older.
Since I had some left over Dulce De leche, I thought of baking a cake with it. Xmas season being around the corner, we all want to bake different kinds of goodies. This is a very nice cake to make as part of your X'mas baking. I just baked this cake this afternoon & its so moist & yummy. The flavor, texture is amazing & I loved this cake. My lill Zion also loved it & had a big slice, which is very unusual of him. The recipe is very simple just like the way I make butter cake, with just an addition of Dulce de Leche. If you have been following my blog, then you know that I have a post on how to make Dulce de leche. Just to add color & make the picture look bright, I just chopped some grapes, cranberries & garnished the cake. I also sprinkled some icing sugar to give it a Xmas feeling. This is how I made the cake.
Serves: 15 slices
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 40- 45 mins
- 1 cup +2 tbspn of Plain Flour
- 180 gms Salted Butter
- 1.5 Tspn of baking powder
- 1/4 Tin or 7 tspn of Dulce de leche sauce
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tspn of salt
- 1 Tspn Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in centre of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch Chiffon cake pan/round cake tin/6 inch square tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the mixing bowl beat the butter, Dulce de leche and sugar until smooth. Continue beating on high speed until light and fluffy for 3 mins. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated.This should take about 2 mins.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Or for 1/2 minute on high speed with the electric beater. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 40 - 45 mins.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.