Well before travelling to India I had lost 4 kgs doing my high protein diet & In India I was eating like a pig all unhealthy food. Now I have put on weight again & don't know how much:( Definitely see a difference in my waist line. Now its time to get back to healthy eating & loose those extra pounds.
Today I will be sharing a Cream cheese Pound cake recipe. I made this cake 2 months ago & this was very very delicious cake. The recipe is very simple & I am sure you will love this cake. I tried this recipe from thelittleteochew 's blog.
Serves: 8 people
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 tp 60 mins
- 1.1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 140g cream cheese, room temperature
- 200g Castor powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of a lemon or orange
- Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in center of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch round cake tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the mixing bowl beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until incorporated.This should take about 3 mins.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 45- 50 mins.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.
- The cake is cooled in the pan first for about 20 minutes so the cake has time to set. The cake may collapse if you try to remove it from the pan too soon
- This cake will keep several days at room temperature and one week when refrigerated. Can also be frozen.
- If you want you can add any other flavor to this cake.