This is a chocolate cake recipe & in the past I have posted different types of chocolate cake recipes. We all know there are plenty of recipes in the net & we all have our own favorite ones. This is the cake that I used to bake long time ago & forgot to note down the recipe. After so many years, couple of months ago I came across a recipe which is very similar to the one I used to follow earlier for chocolate cakes. Looking at the cake texture, I knew this was the recipe I was looking for. This recipe is from addapinch.com. In this recipe, oil is used instead of butter & hot water is used to give air to the cake. The cake is very moist & melt in your mouth types. This is a great cake for decorations & also to eat it just like that. This is how I made the cake.
Making time: 45 minutes
serves: 20- 25 people
10 inch square pan or 9 inch 2 round pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (powdered)
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tspn Butter essence
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring. Or 10 inch square pan.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, butter essence, instant coffee into a bowl & mix well.
- Now mix in the wet ingredients into the dry one on medium speed until well combined.
- Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans or 1 10 inch sqaure pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Frosting.
Simple Chocolate Frosting
- This cake can be used as a base for many recipes like Black forest, mousse cake, chocolate fudge cake, trifle etc.
- This cake can be refrigerated for over month & it will still stay moist & soft.