I cant tell you how busy I have been shopping this week. We are travelling to India for 4 weeks & I have been busy picking up gifts for my dear ones. The bad part in me is, when I go out to pick up something the window shopping worm in me drags me over to many other shops. Due to this, I will be stuck in the malls for more than 5 hours. Yes you heard me right! I go crazy when I go shopping. Along with shopping for others, I have picked up so many things for myself & Zion. I am sure most of you must be just like me, coz girls love shopping. Since I am outside most of the time I have been eating outside everyday. I cant tell you how many cheat days I have had. I am no more on a diet now & have been hogging like a pig:(. My only fear is I hope I don't continue doing this. Now back in India, we will be holidaying & again I will have so many cheat days. Well now once I come back I need to again get back into dieting along with exercise.
Today's recipe that I am sharing is one of my fav & quickest to make. I must have baked this chicken more than 10 times while I was on my high protein diet. This is my version of Tandoori chicken & its truly amazing. The recipe is very simple & its a total hassle free dish. You can actually marinade the chicken & bake it any time you want. This is how I made it.
- I whole chicken (900gm- 1.3 kg)
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1.5 Tbspn Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 Tspn turmeric powder
- 1 Tbspn fresh Ginger paste
- 1 Tbspn Fresh Garlic paste
- 1/2 Tbspn Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tbspn Corinader powder
- 1/2 tbspn Garam Masala powder (Everest brand)
- 1 Tbspn Kasoori Methi
- 2 tbspn of Lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 3 Tbspn Oil
- Remove the skin of the chicken, wash it well & make cut marks with a knife around the chicken.
- Now make a marinade with all the above ingredients in a bowl. Rub this Marinade on to the chicken really well. Make sure you coat the chicken well with this marinade.
- Cover the chicken with a silver foil & rest it in the fridge for about minimum 1 hour in the fridge.
- Line the silver foil on the baking tray & keep the chicken on top of it. Now sprinkle some oil of top of the chicken.
- Pre heat the oven for 10 mins, bake the chicken for about 50 - 60 minutes. First 30 minutes at 220 degree & the rest at the highest temperature.
- After 30 mins of baking you will notice a lot of fat separate on the silver foil, scoop off the oil with a spoon & pour it on top of the chicken & continue baking.
- Baking on silver foil is essential or else you will end up washing a very greasy tray.
- After 30 mins of baking you can also throw in some chopped onions & garlic.