Its Monday morning here & Mondays are the most boring days for me. The morning times are "me" times as my son is in the school & I get to do whatever I want without any disturbance. Ever since I am on a diet, I laze around in the mornings watching TV or just changing nail paint colours:) To avoid all the yummy food temptation, I stayed away from blogging for some time. But now I think, I have gotten used to my food pattern & I am more determined. You will see me more often blogging & I also love doing it. Well the food that I will be posting are all old ones, as I am not cooking carbs & sweets much.
We all know the health benefits of dates & orange. I thought of blending these two & making a cake. I made this cake long time ago & this was fantastic. I made a small cake as we dont wanted to end up eating a lot. In my house the cake wont last for more than a day. My loaf pans had some rusting so I had to throw away them. For this one I have used the use & throw silver foil pans. These pans are so handy & are very cheap too. This is how I made the cake.
Making time: 45 mins
serves: 5 people
Pan size: small loaf pan
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 10- 12 dates deseeded & chopped
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 50 gms butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbspn orange juice (Freshly squeezed)
- 1.5 tspn Baking powder
- 1 tspn Vanilla essence
- cream the butter & sugar until fluffy
- Now add in 1 egg & continue to beat or whisk until smooth & creamy
- Add the sifted dry ingredients into this along with Vanilla essence & Orange juice. Mix this well by whisking it for another 1 minute
- Dust the dates with some flour & add this in the cake batter.
- Now pour the batter in the baking pan & bake it in a preheated oven at 150 degree for about 30- 40 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.