These days I am so lazy to blog but definitely not lazy to cook. I have been making so many new dishes but haven't had the time to upload any of those. Now today's post is a curry that I made some time ago. This is a simple style Mangalorean curry made with coconut milk. This is how my Mom makes most of the fish curry. A very tasty & easy curry to go well with everything be it rice or roti's. This is how I made it:
- 1 Kg cleaned & cut Squid
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Tbspn ginger garlic paste
- 1.5 Tspn Cumin powder
- 1.5 Tspn coriander powder
- 1 Tspn chili powder
- 1/4 Tspn turmeric powder
- 1 Tbspn lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tspn fenugreek seeds
- curry leaves to garnish
- 1/2 cup hot water
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tspn sugar
- 2 Tbspn coconut Oil
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a heavy bottom Pan, add oil fry fenugreek seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste until translucent
- Add curry leaves tomatoes & cook this until fat separation.
- Now add in all the Masala's mentioned above & saute for a minute.
- Add the cleaned squid into this & saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add in hot water, coconut milk , salt, sugar, lemon juice & bring this to a boil in low flame around 2 mins. Keep stirring or else the coconut milk will split
- Turn off the flame & garnish the dish with coriander leaves.
- I used coconut oil coz I use it for most of my seafood recipe to bring out the unauthentic Mangalorean flavour. You can use any other cooking oil if you want.
- I cut my squid in round shape & they look like small onion rings, Well you can cut it any shape you want. Make sure you have cleaned it well