Unfortunately yesterday there was some problem with Internet connection at home & I couldn't blog nor do any work on line. Now everything is back to normal & I am happy to be back in my small on line space. I cant tell you how many pending posts I have! There are more than 30 food pics for which I have to update the post in my blog. Frankly I love cooking more than writing:) or for that matter talking. You ask me for a recipe on call, I will go blablabla..... but if someone asks me to post a recipe online, I will be as slow as a snail:) I also have a friend who is here in Singapore for a week with us. Tuesday was a full shopping fun day. I took her to Bugis street, orchard & she shopped a lot. Along with her, even I was able to find some stuff for myself.
Now coming back to today's post, This is a Tomato soup recipe & a old one. I think made this some 2 months ago. The color looks more yellowish because the tomatoes I had were not very red. In most resturants they also add in some red color to the soup to make it look red. I just went with the natural color. I am not a soup person & I make them very rarely. But now I am thinking that I need to make more of soup for dinner. That way I can keep my weight under control. This is how I made it.
Serves: 4 big bowl
Making time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Tbspn minced garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 chicken cube
- 1/4cup hot water
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 tspn pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tspn sugar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- salt as per taste
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes, now remove tomatoes out. Gently peel off the skin of the tomatoes, chop them & set aside
- In a Pan add oil, fry garlic, onion until translucent.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper powder & saute this for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are mashy
- Add the chicken cube in 1/4 cup of hot water & make a think paste. Add this paste also to the tomatoes mixture.
- Now allow the tomato mixture to cool for sometime & once cooled out in in a blender & make a smooth puree out of it.
- Pour the puree back into the Pan & bring this to a boil along with 3 cups of water for about 2 minutes.
- Now make a paste out of 1/4 cup of water & corn flour. Pour this mixture into the tomato puree mixture along with sugar & keep stirring. Turn off the flame after 1 boil.
- Garnish the soup with coriander leaves & some extra pepper powder if required.
- If you are a vegetarian then skip adding chicken cube. Since I love the chicken flavour, I added this. You may also want to add vegetable stock instead