I am back again after a gap & I cant tell you how much I missed cooking, blogging & going through some of my best blogs. Monday was the 1st day at work after a 2 years of gap. My boss was here for 3 days to train the trainers & I was so excited to sit through & also do some part of the trainings. Training is something that I have enjoyed a lot in my career. This profession really gave me so much joy & learning. Now I am so happy that I work as a independent contractor with couple of great training companies. This is the best thing that could happen living in the foreign country. Now I will have a perfect balance of work-family-passion-life.
My training starts at 9am, so I had to leave home by 8:30am. It was tough for me to be away from Zion for full day. The first day I fooled him by sending him down to the play area with my maid & I slowly sneaked out from the front gate. It seems once he was back home, he was looking for me in all the rooms & was a bit sad for a while. The second day he refused to go down to play & was glued to me where ever I went. He knew that I was going out & kept saying Mamma office mamma office... I was feeling very bad, but some how had to pacify him & send him down. Coz I really don't want to get out of house in front of him. He cried a lot to go down & once he met his friends downstairs he was fine. Yesterday also was the same scene:( On day 2 my training got over by 4:30, so I decided to go to Zion's school to pick him up. My maid was already there waiting at his school. I was peeping through the window inside the classroom & saw my lill boy restless & running around. He spotted my maid & was very happy to see her. Once he came out of the class he saw me & I cant express how happy he was. He started climbing on top of my stomach, shoulder & head.. he hugged me tight & was smiling through out. The mother child relationship is the best in the world. I love being a mother & enjoying every precious moment with my Son.
Now coming back to today's post. This is a simple Banana cake & I have used oil in this recipe. In the past I have always baked my Banana cakes with butter but never knew that oil also tastes very good. This is a healthy recipe & great for kids snacks too. My lill one loved this & it stays moist & soft even after refregerating them. This is how I made them
Serves: 8 - 12 people
making time: 45 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup sugar powdered
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tspn Baking powder
- 1/2 Tspn Baking soda
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Large riped Bananas
- Mash the Banana's with a fork & set this aside
- In a bowl add sugar, mashed Bananas, eggs & mix well with a spoon or a whisk.
- Now add in the oil, Vanilla essence, salt, flour, Baking powder, soda & mix well with a spoon or a whisk.
- Pour the mixture in the Baking pan 6 inch round or square, 9 inch round or square Pan.
- Bake this in a preheated oven for 40 - 45 mins at 180 degree if your are using 6 inch Pan or for about 25- 30 mins if you are using bigger pan.
- I used a bigger pan 9/9 square pan, coz I wanted small square pieces. If you want a good height for your cake then use the regular 6 or 8 inch round pan.
- I sometimes use bigger pans so that the cakes bake every fast.