My lill Zeeyu got up at 4 am in the morning & started singing twinkle twinkle little star. I thought may be he will sing once & go back to sleep. Coz he does that sometimes in his sleep. But later started wheels on the bus goes round & round, I love you, twinkle twinkle... Now he was over me scratching my face, putting his finger in my mouth, nose, pulling my eyelashes. I was so sleepy that I ignored his behaviour & now the boy became louder & louder. He was trying his best to wake me up & he succeeded. And now what?? he holds my hand & takes me to the drawing room, he picks his fav car & gives me a naughty smile like he has achieved something. Gosh! I was like a zombie & just fell on the sofa trying to sleep. Now my lill fighter has a never give up attitude, every time I closed my eyes, he would wake me up. After few minutes he pulled me out from the sofa & took me to the kitchen. Mamma give... give... dhee ...dhee... (In konkani Dhee means give) I knew he was asking for vessels. I pulled out some vessels spoons & gave him. Now he was all smiles & went back to the drawing room & started cooking. I cant tell you how much he is inspired by what I am doing:) He loves to enact what I do in the kitchen. Once it was 6 am I woke up my maid & I went back to sleep.
I know many Mom's can relate to me. Since I have a broken sleep everyday, I feel so tired & lazy. I have now become regular in swimming, coz that is the only exercise I enjoy. I hope this swimming will help me in reducing some inches soon:) One big disadvantage of swimming is I have got tanned badly. Now coming back to todays post, Gajjar Halwa/ Carrot halwa is my hubby's favourite. This is a simple delicious Indian sweet. Goes well just like that or even with a scoop of ice cream. My lill boy also loves carrot halwa, so I trt & make it more often these days. This is how I made it.
Making time: 30 mins
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fried cahew nuts
- 2- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tspn cardamom powder
- 1 cup water
- combine grated carrots, water, milk & boil this on low flame with closed lid for about 5 to 8 minutes or until the carrots are soft.If the water gets drained off in between add some more
- Now add in sugar, salt, cardamom powder & mix well into the carrots. Once the sugar mixes well it will thicken.
- While adding the ghee the consistancy of carrots should be a little sticky. When you achive this consistancy, add in ghee, fried nuts & mix well. Saute this for 2 mins on low flame until everthing is well combined. Now the Halwa is ready.
- There are various versions of Carrot Halwa & this is one version that I have shared.
- You can also add color if required
- You can be generous with ghee & nuts too.
- Serve is warm or chilled.
- You can add condensed milk too & it tastes great.