Cakes cookies are my weakness. I can eat them any time & can go on. Last week I did a lot of baking while my friend was around. She was so happy to have freshly baked cakes at home & loved them. She also said that this is one of the best cakes I have ever had for every cake I made. The praises motivated me to bake more. I made rich chocolate cake, Banana chocolate chips muffins, No bake chocolate caramel cheese cake. After eating all that last week & also Mcd burgers most of the time while shopping outside, I had decided that from now on I will stop baking for sometime, coz all that eating has really shown up on my waist line:( Now getting that rid off is a big task. I can put on weight by just eating heavy food for 2 days, but losing takes months together. For the last few days Zion has been taking Digestives, marie & oreo biscuits for snack to school. I thought will bake some cookies for him & I will not have them. Unfortunately I have eaten almost 4 so far:) They were so yummy & irresistible. Since this was made specifically for zion, I added extra butter which I don't when I make for all of us. These cookies were really rich, buttery. crunchy & melt in your mouth. If you dont like chocolate chips just skip adding them & you will have some nice butter cookies.
Making time: 1 hour
Makes around 25 cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tspn baking soda
- 200 gms butter
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- Powder the sugar a little in the mixie or blender.
- Cream the butter & sugar until creamy with a hand whisk or spoon
- add in one egg & mix until its well combined
- Now mix in the flour, baking soda, vanilla essence & mix well until everything is well combined.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips into the batter & give it a good mix.
- Cover this soft dough with a cling wrap & freeze it for 20- 30 minutes.
- With a 1 Tbspn measure spoon scoop out heapful of 1 Tbsp cookie dough & line it on the baking paper.
- Now bake this in a preheated oven at 180 degree for 25 mins. Remove them out after 25 mins & allow them to rest until its cooled. The cookie at this stage will still be cakey or soft. Once they cool down they become crispy.