Every kid loves to munch on chips & so is my little one. Zion just loves chips & can finish off the entire packet. We all know that the store brought chips is not a healthy one. The seasoning used in them is definitely not good for kids & also adults. Since zion loves something crispy tasty, I made this buttery bread sticks. These were really crisp, lightly sweet & also very tasty. He loved having these & asked for more. These are very easy to make & the recipe is very similar to the pie crust. This is how I made these cute little yummy sticks.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tspn baking powder
- 80 gms cold salted butter
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of cold milk
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl mix in the dry ingredients & rub the cold butter to the dry ingredients. Make this mixture like a bread crumb consistency. Just your finger tips are enough to get to a right consistency,
- Now add in a little milk to bring this mixture together to form a soft dough.
- Use a rolling pin & roll the dough on a flat surface & cut them into long sticks or any shape for that matter.
- Pre heat the oven to 250 degrees & bake them for about 15-20 mins or until they are crisp & done.
- These can be had with some dips like mayonnaise, cheese sauce, ketchup of just like that.
- Store them in a air tight container so that they remain fresh & crispy.