You already know that my Son, Zion doesn't like to eat fruits & I try my best to add fruits in dishes that I cook for Zion. How much ever my son eats he never puts on weight & he is just vertically growing faster. He is very tall for his age & people ask me if he is 3 whereas he is just 2.1:) Banana's are high in calories & are an ideal fruit for weight gain. I am trying and making a lot of banana snacks for him. He loves Banana cakes & I have been making these more often. This time I made Eggless Banana oats cookies & it turned out super yummy. Zion loved it & everyday the snack box came back home empty. This is a very happy moment for me & I know many Mom's out there can understand me better.
I have made cookies dough & refrigerated them. I will be baking as & when needed. The first batch I made were around 9 cookies & all got over in 2 days. Since I am on my own diet, I had only 1 although was very tempted to eat more. When my hubby got back from work, I offered him a cookie after dinner. He took a bite & just closed his eyes went on hmmmmm.... this taste reminds me of something that I had in my childhood days in Nigeria. I was so happy that he loved the cookie & also was able to bring back some good old memories. Now I don't know who had the maximum share? the lill one or big one :) Next time I am going to add eggs in my cookie dough, simply because it will make the cookies even more rich & its good for my little one. Since I have a lot of vegetarian fans & they requests for egg less ones, I thought will make these egg less. This is a must try & can be done under half hour.
Making time: 30 mins
Makes around 20 - 22 cookies.
- 2.5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tspn baking soda
- 150 gms Butter
- 1 large Banana mashed with a fork
- 1/4 Tspn salt
- 1 Tbspn Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 -4 Tbspn milk if required
- Cream the butter & sugar in a mixing bowl with a hand whisk or spatula.
- Add the mashed Bananas, Vanilla essence into the mixture & saute well until the sugar is well incorporated.
- Add in all the dry ingredients into the wet & mix well to form a soft dough.
- Freeze this dough for 10 - 20 mins.
- Use a ice cream scoop or 1 Tbspn cookies dough, place them on Parchment paper & bake them in a pre -heated oven at 180 for about 18 to 10 mins.
- The cookie after 20 mins will still be soft, remove them & let them sit outside until they are cooled. Once they are cooled they become crispier.
- If you want you can add nuts or chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- You can also skip oats if you dont like them in there.
- The sweetsness was just perfect for us, but if you like it very sweet then add in more sugar.
Zion says Hi to all my readers:)
This is my food photo studio at home:)
It is very difficult to take his pic as he doesnt pose nor sit in one place:)