Well the evening party also went on well. Zion along with his friends danced on Gangnam style song. Zion was very excited to see “Tayo the little Bus”cake. He in fact was very unhappy when we cut the cake. He kept screaming oh no… Tayo, tayo…… poor fella kept re-joining Tayo’s head back to the cake. LOL:) After the cake was done I called this cake " Tayo the little Bus goes on a picnic to Barnyard with Farm animals":) For the Barnyard cake I had some idea on how I wanted it to turn out but for this one it was all instant imagination. I can say more like a cut copy paste style with all that repetition of farm animals:)
How I made the cake:
- I baked a Vanilla pound cake in 9 inch square pan. For Pound cake recipe click here. The cake turned out 2 inch in height, it’s a very short cake & that’s what I wanted. I cut the cake into 3 piece vertically & just layered one on top of the other. So I dint so any shaping:) This was very easy.
- On each layer I filled some Vanilla butter cream icing. & crumb coated the entire cake with Butter cream.
- The fondant I have used here is again Home made fondant. I used edible black marker on Tayo for the black colour windows.
- The Pond water is made from Wilton edible gel.
- I piped the green grass from the left over whipped cream that I had.
- If you want to know more about cake decoration & more details on the cake, Join my group budding cake decorators on face book. Click here to join.