Now coming back to todays post. This is an old dish that I made a week ago. As mentioned in my earlier posts, You already know that I am a great fan of Shrimps. Found these in the market after a long time as these are not very frequent visitors. The moment I spot them & I buy them immediately. These gets sold really fast. Shrimps have a natural sweetness & they taste good anyway you cook them. Just the salt & pepper is enough to season & this will still taste delicious. This curry is a very easy recipe & I have used the basic spices in this. Just the chili powder & turmeric powder. Just these 2 spices are enough to season this & make it delicious. BTW there are many other seafood which has natural rich flavour so overkilling them with lot of masalas/spices will spoil its natural taste.
- 1/2 kg cleaned shrimps
- 1 onions chopped small
- 1 big tomato chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Red Kashmir chili powder
- 1/4 tspn Turmeric powder
- Less than 1/4 tspn tamarind paste
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 Tspn sugar
- 3 Tbsp of thick coconut cream or milk
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 Tbsp oil
- In a pan add oil fry ginger, garlic, onions until translucent for about 3 to 4 mins
- Now add in the tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt & fry until fat separation. The tomatoes need to become totally soft.
- Now add in the tamarind paste, shrimps & cook this for about 2 to 3 mins.
- Combine the coconut cream, sugar, hot water & bring this to a boil for about 2 mins.
- Turn off the flame & garnish it with coriander leaves.
A small tip when cooking seafood:
when making certain seafood dishes make sure you dont kill the natural goodness with overpowering spices. Keep it simple & it will taste good.