Now the Haze situation seems to be getting better. I am just praying hope it doesn't come again due to wind flow direction. Last week when the Haze was really bad we decided to fly off somewhere & take a break for a week. My hubby is from Kerala & his house is just near the river. During Monsoon there will be bad floods & the water will come up to the living room. This time around there was floods & we dint want to travel to Kerala. Along with Floods comes all kinds of illness too. Heavy rains at my home town coorg too:(. To go there we have to take a flight to Bangalore & than drive all the way. To avoid all this hassel, we decided to go to Chennai. Can you believe, out of all the places we booked tickets to Chennai:) My sister lives in chennai & she has a 7 years old girl who is crazy about Zion. So thought it will be fun for the kids.
Now why Beach resort at Chennai? simply because while I was working at CSC, I used to do a lot of training programs for the campus grads at a off site location. Mostly we used to do it in Fishermans-Cove-Chennai & ideal beach resort. These 2 places were amazing & I use to love the 3 days training program. I was unmarried then & I always dreamt that I have to come to this place after marriage. This place is very romantic, the food is amazing & the property is really huge. Since we had one team building activity where in participants need to cook food, i used to get access to the kitchen . For this activity, I had to brief the chef's on what we need & I also wanted the chef to be our judge. Oh I really miss those days! I used to do like 3 to 4 workshops in a week & used to travel so frequently to Chennai from Bangalore. I cant tell you how much I love facilitating Training programs & I am so glad that I am back to facilitating job. The respect you get in this field is so good & Unexplainable. Its like how we still respect our teachers & look up to them. Its the same way here & the only difference is that I train adults in corporates:)
So now coming back to today's post, My son likes anything that looks like custard. He calls it yummy. Most of the time I make either egg custard or Vanilla Panna cota for him. There are times when I pick up ready custard from the supermarket. I had picked up some silken Tofu & thought of making pudding out of it. It came out very well & Zion Loved it. Tofu has a wired smell & its totally bland. Its very important to flavour it well. I made Chocolate Tofu Pudding & its very very easy to make. This is how I made it.
- 1 cup silken Tofu
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tspn Vanilla essence
- 4 Tbsp melted Milk chocolate
- 1 Tspn Gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Mix the 1 tspn gelatin in 1/4 cup of water & let it rest for 2 to 5 mins. Now with a fork mix it well.
- In a mixer tip in silken tofu, sugar, Vanilla essence, melted chocolate & gelatin mixture. Blend it for 2 minutes until everything is well combined.
- Now pour it in a mould & let it set in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours, or in the freezer for 1-2 hour.
- Since I had some cherries, I garnished this dish with cherries.
- Note this pudding is very delicate so be careful when you cut it or serve it.
- If you dont like Tofu you just replace it with heavy cream/ whipping cream.
- Eat it fresh & try to finish it off by a day or 2.
- Tofu is very healthy & rich in protien.