My lill Zion's Bday is coming up & I have been so busy since morning yesterday preparing for his cake. As part of invitation , I also made cupcakes to give it to his friends today. His Bday theme is "Team Umizoomi Barn Party" Team Umi Zoomi is his fav cartoon show & in his school they are teaching them about farm animals this semester. So thought it will be a great idea to also combine farm animals. I feel this is a great way to familiarise him with all farm animals.
Last evening Zion went along with the maid & invited all his friends in the condo. His friends were very excited to see the farm animal cup cakes. Zion loves fondant & he was very excited to see the animal fondant toppers. I gave him a little bird & he directly puts it in his mouth & started munching. LOL I couldn't stop laughing looking at the way he was hogging it. He kept coming back to me asking for more & he ended up having a cow fondant topper too:) Well these are home made Marshmallow fondant & its completely safe for kids to eat. I am not sure why most people think that fondant is not good for kids. Its nothing but sugar paste. Well if you are talking about colour then "yes" we all know that colour is not good. But think again there are so many stuff in the market that has colour in them & we blindly eat them. So everything in moderation will not harm. what say? This is how I made it.
The cups cakes were my Vanilla cup cakes with Strawberry Butter cream Icing. For the recipe Click here
- 1 Packet Marshmallows (250 gms)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 500 gms Icing sugar
- Place the marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl add in 2 Tbspn of water & heat it for 2 minutes. Stop after 1 minute saute with a spoon & again heat it for another minute.
- Now add in icing sugar & colour if required & knead to make it a soft dough.
- Cover this & set aside for about 2 hours. Now it is ready to use.
- Make sure you place the fondant topper on top of the Butter cream.
- I used a basic round tip to pipe the sheep hair & also round swirl on top of the cup cake.