This is the 3rd post for BM#28 under Samosas with different filling.
This is a very simple Samosa recipe. I have used self raising flour instead of plain flour in this recipe. Self Raising flour made the coating really fluffy. It was very crispy from out & soft/ fluffy inside. You can add in more vegetables if you want. I just added potatoes & Peas. I am feeling very guilty after eating Samosas for the last 2 days. I now need to swim for longer duration to get rid of all those extra fat that I have put on in the last few days.
Makes: 10 medium size samosas
For the filling:
- 2 Potatoes boiled
- 1/4 cup green peas Boiled
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 Tspn turmeric powder
- 1 Tspn chili powder
- 1/2 Tspn garam masala
- 1/4 Tspn chat masala powder
- Pinch of Amchoor powder
- salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tspn cumin seeds
- 1/4 tspn Ajwain seeds
- salt as per taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Make a soft dough (Like Chapathi) with all the ingredients mentioned in the dough list. Cover this at let it rest for 20 mins
- In a Pan add a Tbsp of oil, fry ginger garlic, onion until translucent.
- To it add in all the masalas & fry for a minute.
- Now mix in the boiled potatoes, green peas into the masala & give it a good mix. Also try & mash it a little.
- Finally Garnish the stuffing with chopped coriander leaves. Allow the stuffing to cool down
- Unwrap the soft dough. Sprinkle little flour and knead again for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 small balls, Dust it with flour & roll it to flat disc with a help of rolling pin.
- Now cut it two equal halves & take one of the sides, make it into a cone shape.
- Seal the edges with some water. Fill the cones with the stuffing & seal them again with some water.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan & deep fry these samosas for about 2 - 3 mins. Make sure you deep fry them for 1 minutes on low flame, 1 minute on medium flame & 1 minute on high flame. Keep turning them while they are frying.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#28