Zion's food habits is like Singapore Weather. I don't know when it changes. Some times he loves rice & sometimes just locks his mouth. For the past 2 days my boy has been refusing rice & not even having Chapati or paratas. He is a big chicken fan, can eat only chicken the whole day & survive kinds:) Every Mommy knows how difficult it is to feed the little ones. But we Mommy's are very good at trick feeding. Since last evening I have been thinking of something nutritious & delicious dish for zion. Should look different at the same time should have a combination of carbohydrates, fats, protein & vitamins. Since he likes eggs thought of adding in some veggies & making it a power pact lunch for him.
This is nothing extraordinary but the combination, presentation & flavour is excellent. BTW this is just not a toddler food, even Adults can have it too. Since Zion likes curry flavour, I gave added a pinch of curry powder (Garam Masala or chicken curry powder) . Well you can add any vegetables to this.I He loved his lunch & was excited to see something very different. This is how I made it
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Potato grated
- 1/2 carrots grated
- Pinch of Ginger
- 1 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp cooked Rice
- salt as per taste
- Pinch of curry powder (Chicken curry powder)
- few coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Boil the grated Potato, Carrots for about 8 to 10 mins, until its done. Drain water & set aside
- Now add in half portion of boiled vegetables to the egg mixture & also add in cooked rice, ginger, cheese, coriander leaves, curry powder, salt. Mix this well
- Now pour it on a heated buttered pan & cook it closed for about a minute.
- Roll it & cook on both sides until done
Here is a step by step picture
I added only half of boiled vegeteable for this dish. The rest I will use it for making another set at night.