This is my 1st post under BM 28 under Mango special.
I made this cheese cake almost 2 weeks ago when we had gone to visit one of our friends place for lunch. I am a big fan of no bake cheese cakes & I find these desserts very light & tasty. You can see that I already have a good collection of no bake cheese cake recipes in my blog. Well all these pics were taken at my friends place. I really dint have much time to plate them. Some how managed to click from pics in their balcony. We all loved this cake & my friends hubby was all praises about this dessert. Unfortunately the Mangoes I picked up was not very tasty & that is why I have added some Mango essence for a nice flavour.
This is how I made it.
- 250gms Cream Cheese (I used Philadelphia)
- 100 gms powdered sugar
- 2 large Mangoes chopped & pureed
- 1 cups whipped cream soft peaks
- 1 tspn Mango essence
- 1.5 Tbsp Gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 8 to 10 digestive biscuits
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tspn yellow colour
- 1/4 tspn salt
- Crush the Digestive Biscuits in the Mixer. Add 3 tbsp of butter to this powdered biscuits & make a base in a cake tin (8 or 9 inch square/round mold).
- Add 1.5 tbsp Gelatin to 1/4 cup hot water & stir continuously so no lumps are formed. Set this aside to cool.
- Now pop in the 2 chopped Mangoes to the mixer & make a smooth puree.
- To it add cream cheese, sugar, salt, gelatin, essence & grind for about 1 minute until its smooth
- Now fold in the whipped cream mixture into the Mango cream cheese mixture & also add some yellow colour.
- Mix it well & pour this into the mold, chill this in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge to set for 5 to 8 hours.
- I added Mango essence as the mango did not have much flavour.
- Colour is optional, since I wanted a rich Alfonso mango colour so added some colour
- If you don't get cream cheese just hang thick yogurt in a cheese cloth overnight & you will get fresh home made cream cheese.
- I added color only to half of the cheese cake mixture & made it like 2 different color layer.
In the below picture you can see the biscuit base & the next picture I have poured the cheese cake mixture in the mould & its ready to go into the refrigerator.