Pastas are such a popular dish these days. People are going so crazy about Italian dishes. Honestly speaking I have rarely enjoyed Pastas in the restaurants. Most of the time I find it very bland or very cheesy. I love to make my own version of Pasta's at home. My hubby loves to eat only Pastas & noodles made by me. I try to customise it to suit our taste buds. I make Pasta sauces in many different ways. This one is a tomato based sauce. This sauce can also be used for Pizzas. Its very easy to make & tastes very good. You can use any type of Pasta that you like. I have made this with Linguine. This is how I made it.
Cooking time:30 mins
- 1/2 Packet of Linguine
- one pot water
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 onions chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tspn red Chili powder
- 1/4 tspn coriander powder
- 1/4 tspn cumin powder
- 1 Knorr Chicken Cube or (Chicken stock)
- 200 gms chicken breast cut into cubes
- Handful of Mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil a pot full of water & drop in 2 large tomatoes into it. Remove the tomatoes in 2 mins, remove skin & set aside to cool.
- Now in the same pot add in the Pasta & cook for about 15 mins or as directed in Pasta packet. Drain the water & keep the Pasta aside
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces
- In a large Pan add olive oil, fry ginger, onions until translucent.
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, chili, cumin, coriander powder, chicken cubes , chicken pieces & cook this until fat separation.
- Add about 1/2 cup of hot water to the sauce & cook for another minute or 2
- Finally add in the Mint leaves, Linguine & Toss well.
- Garnish the dish with cheese
- Add the Pasta to the sauce just before serving or the sauce will dry off soon.
- If you are boiling Pasta ahead of time than add in some olive oil to the pasta so that it doesn't stick to each other.