I am a great fan of Liquor chocolates. We always ensure to pick a pack from the Airport while we are travelling. These chocolates are very expensive & a pack costs around $30. I have always been thinking of making these at home. I had some Martini which has been lying in the pantry for years now:) Thought will make some use of it in my cooking. In my last visit to the wet market I found some fresh cherries & I picked some. We all know that cherries are so commonly used in Liquor based chocolates & they really add a good flavour in them. These chocolates are very easy to make & you can use any liquor that you like. We loved this chocolates & they are so inexpensive when its made at home:) I hope you will try this simple recipe. This is how I made them.
- 1 cup melted chocolate (You can use Cadbury Milk chocolates)
- 10 Cherries
- 1/4 cup Martini
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Poke many holes in the cherries with a help of tooth pick or fork.
- Mix sugar to Martini & soak the cherries in them for atleast 8 to 12 hrs or overnight. The longer you soak the better it will taste
- Prepare a small chocolate mould or the ice tray will work fine. I used the ice cube tray.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a piping bag & squeeze in some on the ice cube tray. Dip the Cherry inbetween & cover the cherries again with some more melted chocolates.
- Freeze these in the fridge for about an hour or until set.
- Just use a spoon or tooth pick to scoop out the chocolates from the tray. Let it sit in the room temperature atleast for 20 mins before serving.