Hot Bread reminds me of my childhood days. My Pappa used to buy fresh hot bread from Cosmos Bakery in Madikeri. Since its hot the bread would not be sliced. Once Pappas gets it home, me & my sister start digging into the centre & will make a big well in the bread:) Well in the bread also reminds me of my hostel days. Every Sunday's we used to get bread for breakfast. The Bread again used to be unsliced ones. So we would see everyone just eating the centre part & the outside will remain like an empty box:) Now coming back to the recipe, I made this more like a sub then a Loaf. I also made some small dinner rolls around 4 out of this. We had these hot bread with fried egg, Butter & Jam. Hot Bread & butter is an amazing combination:) My lill 2 year old also loved this for breakfast with butter. This is how I made them
- 500 gms Bread flour or All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- Salt- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup Water
- 1.5 Tbspn Instant dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp Oil- 4 tbsp
- Mix the yeast in the lukewarm water along with the sugar. Do not stir in, Just let it rest for about 2 mins. Now slowly stir in & rest it again until it gets very foamy.
- Now mix all the above ingredients to a sticky dough.
- You may need to add a few spoons of flour or water to achieve the right texture. Knead this well for about 5 to 8 mins.
- Let the dough rise for an hour in a warm place. keep it covered with a kitchen towel.
- Gently press the dough to release the air and divide the dough into two.
- Shape it into two 8 - 10 inch sub & let it rest again for another 20 mins in the baking tray. Cover with a cling wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C and bake for 30- 35 minutes.
- Make sure you cool it first before slicing or just dig in & have like I did:)