This is my first post under Samosas with different filling for BM#28
Tell me who doe snot like Samosas. These little parcels are world famous now. Go to any parties or restaurants you will find these in their Appetiser menus. These days for convenience people just use the phillo pastry sheet to make quick samosas. Mostly Onion Samosas are made with these & phillo pastry sheet really make the samosas crunchy. I mostly avoid making deep fried items at home for us. I mostly do them when I have guests at home. My hubby loves samosas & that's why I though I will take up this theme Samosas with different filling.
when it comes to breakfast its mainly different varieties of Dosas without oil/ ghee, Oats idlis, Bread/egg, Idlis, Chapathi, Puttu, Appams. I rarely make Puris for breakfast & Its made may be once in 2 months or so. I made these Samosas yesterday for breakfast & also for evening Tea. I made 3 different filling samosas in one day. One of My friends also had come home in the evening so thought it will be nice to serve some of these. This is how I made them
Makes: 10 medium size samosas
For the filling:
- 2 Boiled eggs
- 2 Potatoes boiled
- 1 onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 Tspn turmeric powder
- 1 Tspn chili powder
- 1/2 Tspn garam masala
- 1/4 Tspn chat masala powder
- Pinch of Amchoor powder
- salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tspn cumin seeds
- 1/4 tspn Ajwain seeds
- salt as per taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- Make a soft dough (Like Chapathi) with all the ingredients mentioned in the dough list. Cover this at let it rest for 20 mins
- In a Pan add a Tbsp of oil, fry ginger garlic, onion until translucent.
- To it add in all the masalas & fry for a minute.
- Chop the eggs into small cubes & set aside.
- Now mix in the boiled potatoes into the masala & give it a good mix. Also try & mash it a little.
- Now fold in the eggs in this turn off the flame.
- Finally Garnish the stuffing with chopped coriander leaves.All the stuffing to cool down
- Unwrap the soft dough. Sprinkle little flour and knead again for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 small balls, Dust it with flour & roll it to flat disc with a help of rolling pin.
- Now cut it two equal halves & take one of the sides, make it into a cone shape.
- Seal the edges with some water. Fill the cones with the stuffing & seal them again with some water.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan & deep fry these samosas for about 2 - 3 mins. Make sure you deep fry them for 1 minutes on low flame, 1 minute on medium flame & 1 minute on high flame. Keep turning them while they are frying.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#28