Yesterday I was just thinking on what to make for Breakfast. Suddenly I happened to see a post from my fellow Blogging Marathoner "Srivalli" Her Dosa recipe was very inviting & totally new to me. I was curious to know more about it & wanted to make it for Breakfast this morning. The best part of this recipe is that its a instant dosa. There is absolutely no much waiting time like the regular dosa. The Dosa came out perfect & it was very delicious. My hubby was non verbal praises about this dosa. Nonverbal! yes, coz he was in a conference call this morning & I served his breakfast in his office room. This is definitely a keep & share recipe. I am going to call my mum today & pass on this beautiful easy recipe. Thx Srivalli for the recipe:) You can find her recipe here
Makes around 10 Dosas
- 1 cup Dosa Rice
- 1/4 cup Urad Dal
- 1/4 Cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 Cup Channa Dal
- 1/2 tspn Methi seeds
- 1 Tspn minced Ginger
- Handful of coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- Ghee for garnishing
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash all the lentils (Dal) & rice. Soak this for minimum of 2 hours or overnight
- Grind the soaked lentil rice along with chopped coriander leaves, ginger & water to a dosa consistency batter
- Heat the flat non stick Pan (Tawa) spread a ladle full of batter on the heated pan & cook for a minute or until done. Garnish the dosas with few drops of ghee. The dosa is ready.
- In Vallis original recipe she has added green chilis & navratna dal. I skipped chilis coz I wanted to feed my lill boy.
- Since I dint have navaratna dal I skipped this.
- I like my dosas thin & crisp hence I have made thin ones. You can make thicker dosas & flip of both sides while cooking.