Fortunately my maid "Mary" & he share a very good chemistry. They have a great bonding & he treats her like his friend. Coming back to food, I have noticed that Zion's snack box comes back full. He doesn't eat anything in school & just wants to play. My maid mentioned to me that he loves Banana cake. It seems she happened to buy some from a store & shared some with him. Zion loved it so much that he ended up eating the major portion. I was so happy to hear that he loves something healthy so immediately brought some Bananas & made Banana Horlicks cake for him. Made this yesterday & packed it for his snack box, Guess what?? The boz was empty:) He loved it & this will be one snack that I will make more often. This is a no fuss recipe & no thumb rule to make this. This is how I made it.
- 3 large Bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbspn Butter
- 1 cup all Purpose flour
- 1 Tspn Baking powder
- 1/2 tspn Baking soda
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1 tspn Vanilla Essence
- 3 Tbsp Horlicks (I used Junior Horlicks)
- 2 Eggs
- In a Mixie jar/ Blender blend in the Bananas & sugar to a smooth puree
- Now add in rest of the ingredients to this & blend it well for about a minute. The mixture will be a little thin due to Banana Puree.
- Grease a 9 inch Baking Pan & pour in the mixture to it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 C for 35- 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!