Finally after almost 5 days I am back to Blogging. All of a sudden Zion fell sick. He had a very bad cold with runny nose phlegm cough. Gosh... so many days of sleepless nights & loss of appetite for me. He is better now & on medicines. When kids are sick they get really cranky & just want Mamma all the time. I was all the time busy pampering him. I really missed blogging for the last few days & I wanted to try out so many new recipes under traditional:(. Now that the seasonal special has started, I am still scratching my head & thinking of ideas.
Well This is my 1st post for BM-27 under seasonal. Strawberries are not available around the year. They are very seasonal & they perish really fast. The fruit is so versatile that you can make so many varieties of desserts. I made this Strawberry cheese cake long back ago. They are so easy to make & very tasty to eat. I don't have good clicks of this dish & I plan to make this again & post better pictures.
- 250gms Cream Cheese (I used Local Cream Cheese)
- 100 gms powdered sugar
- 1 cup Strawberry puree
- 1 cups whipped cream
- 1 tspn Vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp Gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 8 to 10 digestive biscuits
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Strawberry jelly powder
- 1 cup water
- 4 fresh Strawberries sliced to garnish
- Crush the Digestive Biscuits in the Mixer. Add 3 tbsp of butter to this powdered biscuits & make a base in a cake tin (8 or 9 inch square/round mold).
- In an electric beater beat the cream cheese, sugar & vanilla essence to a smooth mixture
- Add 1 tbsp Gelatin to 1/4 cup hot water & stir continuously so no lumps are formed.
- Pour in this mixture to the cream cheese mixture & mix well.
- Now fold in the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture
- Mix it well & pour this into the mold, chill this in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge to set for 5 to 8 hours.
- Once its set, just lay the Sliced Strawberries on top of the cheese cake & pour the strawberry jelly on top of the cheese cake.
- Now again freeze this for another 30 mins until the jelly in set. Or refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Just clean, chop strawberries & pour in in a souce pan along with 3 tbsp of sugar & 1/4 cup of water. Let is simmer for about 5 mins untill the strawberries are soft & sticky. Once they are done, just put them in the blender/ Mixie & puree it.
- You can use hung curd if you dont get ready cream cheese.
- You can also blend all the ingredients in the blender too.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27