This is a sweet bite I had it long back in my Friends place at Cochin. Merin if you are reading my biog I think I had this sweet at yours or your Granny's place. Well This is my Friend Merin's Mom's recipe. Its a very simple healthy tasty sweet. Its a nice way to eat dates. We all know that Dates are very rich in Iron. My lill baby Zion loved this sweet & had a big share:) This is one great snack for the kids & adults. If you are making for the kids than you can add in more butter. This is how I made it.
- 250 gms seedless dates chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup corsely crushed Marie biscuits
- Melted chocolate for garnish (Optional)
- Mix all the above ingredients to form a dough & make a cylindrical shape putting it in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate this for about 1 hour. Slice it with a knife & its ready to eat.
- If you want you can either drizzle some chocolate sauce on top or just dip the bar in the chocolate sauce