This is my 6th post under BM#27. Cookies are a fav among both kids & adults. These days no Birthday parties are complete without cookies. In my childhood days I grew up eating Marie Biscuits, Pushti, Parle-g, Nice, Crack jack & coconut. Later during high school days came in all other good day, chocolate chips & many other varieties of biscuits. These days there are so many varieties & options of cookies, biscuits. After baking home made cookies, I rarely buy cookies from supermarkets. This Butter chocolate cookies are the easiest to make.
This one is a very easy version. However most cookies have similar recipes but the making process will be different which in turn will change the texture of the cookies. Since my lill Babalulu has started going to school, I made some of these last week as snacks for him. Unfortunately he hasn't been eating any snacks in the school. I have been eating them & also putting on extra inches. These are very tasty cookies & can be done in less than 30 mins. A great cookies to have during Birthday parties.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 120 gms Salted butter
- 1 tspn Baking soda
- 3 Tbsp coco powder
- 1 tspn salt
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 3- 5 tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla essence
- Cream the butter & sugar with a spoon or hand whisk
- Add in salt, baking soda, flour & vanilla essence into the butter mixture. Combine this well with a spoon
- Add in some water if required. Make a dough out of this mixture & set aside.
- To make chocolate cookies dough: Take a handful of dough & mix 3 tbsp coco powder to this. Knead this well & set aside.
- Cover this & keep it in the freezer for 10 mins. At the same time preheat the oven.
- After 10 mins, roll the dough to any shape you want. Line the baking tray with parchment paper & bake them in the preheated oven at 180 degree for 15 to 20 mins.
- Once they are done remove the baking try from oven & immediately transfer the parchment paper from the try to a flat surface. (This will stop the cookies from getting cooked further)
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27