Brownies are my favourite & I like them more than cakes. Especially when we dine out, I always order Brownie with ice cream for dessert. I will be making all hmmm.. ahhh.. sounds when I am having Brownies :) LOL... My hubby will be so embarrassed & will ask me to keep quite & eat. But the fun is in eating it the way you want it right? I am sure only a really foodoholic will understand what I am trying to say.
Well Brownies are very easy to make. Use the best quality coco or chocolate & your Brownie will try out the best. Well there is a lot of difference in Brownie & Cake. I see most of them make Brownie like cake. Then there is no fun in calling it Brownie. It should be a little gooey chewy & intense. Unlike cake mixture this is not made with a electric beater. Just a spoon or a hand whish is enough. There is no proper step for this recipe. You just have to add everything together, mix & bake. For this recipe I have added some frosting as well & this turned out heavenly. I really want to bow down & kiss the feet of the inventor of this dish:) . Well I made this last Saturday when my hubby's school friends came home for dinner. They both loved it so much that I parcelled the last left over piece for one of them who is a big food enthusiastic.This is how I made it.
Adopted from Hershey's recipe
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Coco powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 tspn Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 150 gms Butter.
- 1 Tspn Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt butter in a sauce Pan & Stir together sugar, Lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Now spread the icing on the brownies while the brownies are still hot.
- Let them Cool completely in pan on wire rack & cut them into square pieces. You can cut them into 9 big squares or 12 medium squares.
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Mix all the above ingredients witha hand whisk until smooth & creamy.