Since we are south Indians, my kids diet is mostly rice based. I try & make variety of rice dishes for him. Rice mixed with veggies, pulses is a wholesome meal for kids. I coarsely grind the rice dishes i make, so that its easier to feed him & also easy for him to eat. He too loves it a lill soft & mashed. I make spinach at least 3 to 4 servings in a week in his menu. I try to mix spinach with different vegetables or sometime pulses like lentils. I made Spinach & Cottage cheese rice (Paneer) combo which is quite popular in north Indian Cuisines. Its very easy to make, tasty & healthy dish. Since my boy loves non veg especially chicken. I serve chicken almost every other day or eggs, fish mutton along with the rice dish
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 6 small cubes of Paneer (cottage cheese) soak this in hot water & crumble it with hands
- 1/4 cup Rice (I use normal Ponni rice) Cook this separately
- 1 Tspn Ginger & garlic pieces chopped
- Pinch of asafetida
- Pinch of Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt as per taste
In a Pan add ghee fry ginger garlic, spinach, asafetida until done for about 2 mins. Now add in the Cumin powder mix well. Finally add in the cooked rice, salt & Crumbled Paneer. Give this a good mix & add more ghee if required. Yummy Palak Paneer rice is ready.
I hope your kids enjoy this dish:) Happy cooking, feeding:)
- Asafoetida is used as digestive aid in most Indian recipes.Asafoetida
- I add a lill ginger garlic in all my Son's food recipes coz its good for health & digetion.