Now that I have decided to incorporate more & more healthy food in my diet. Wanted to try out making veggie patties with oats. I had made this for brekfast last week & they turned out so good. The oats in the patty really binds up the ingredients well & adds in that extra flavour. I found this burger very tasty, healthy & filling. This is how I made it & note down the ingredinets
Serves- 5, Cooking time- 20 mins
To pressure cook:
- 1 cup Potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots & green beans
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup dry roasted oats
- 1/4 Tspn Turmeric powder
- 1/3 Tspn Chili powder
- 1/2 tspn garam masala powder
- 1/4 tspn amchoor powder or juice of lemon
- 1/2 tspn Chaat masala
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 medium chopped onions
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic pieces
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- In a pressure cooker boil all the vegetables mentioned above until 1 whistle. Once cooked drain off all the excess water & refrigerate this for about an hour.
- In a Pan add in oil, fry the ginger & garlic pieces for about a minute
- Add the chopped onions & fry them untill they are translucent
- Add boiled French beans, carrots, green peas and mix. Add salt and continue to sauté for two minutes.
- Add in the toasted oats, mashed potatoes, all the masalas, mix well & cook for about 3 to 4 minutess
- Finally add in the coriander leaves & slat as per your taste. turn off the heat.
- Heat sufficient oil in another pan. Take a portion of the mixture, shape into a ball and roll in corn flour. Press lightly and place the cutlet in the pan.
- Shallow fry till both the sides are evenly golden. Similarly prepare more cutlets. Drain and place on an absorbent paper and serve hot between the burger buns
Cut the bun into half, place around 3 slice of plums followed by veggie oats Patty, again some slices of plums & low fat cheese. The burger is ready to eat.