Manchurian is a very famous Indian Chinese food. Well its mostly sold by the Indian street vendors & they pronounce it manjoorian:) Lol My mom still says manjoorian & I keep correcting her its Manchurian. Manchurian is generally deep fried veg/ meat/ seafood in a spicy sauce. This is a very easy dish & if made correctly, its the most tasty dish. Most Indians order either Gobhi Manchurian or chicken Manchurian when they dine at indo Chinese restaurant. Well for Chinese the term Manchurian is like Greek & Latin. There is absolutely no such dish in their cuisine. But I love all Indo Chinese dish coz we Indians have customised it to suit our taste buds. Now that my hubby also likes mushrooms, I have been buying them in my weekly groceries. I am making mushroom Manchurian for the first time & it was super tasty. Yum yum yummmmm. We all loved it & I am sure u too will love this dish.
- 2 cups sliced Mushroom
- 1 medium capsicum diced
- 1 medium onion shopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp good quality soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tspn corse chilli powder
- oil of deep frying
- 2 tbsp oil for pan frying
- salt as per taste
- For batter
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 egg beaten
- salt as per taste
- 5 tbsp water
- Make a batter with the ingredients mentioned in the batter list. Make sure the batter is not very thin.
- Dip the mushrooms in this batter & deep fry for 2 to 3 minutes. once all the mushrooms are deep fried, set aside.
- In a big pan, add in ginger garlic, onion & fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in soya sauce, tomato ketchup, chili powder & salt.
- Now mix in the fried mushrooms, capsicum & give it a good mix. Mushroom Manchurian is ready:)
Note: Try & serve it right after to enjoy the crispiness. If you are planning to make this in advance than you may fry & keep the mushrooms aside. But do the pan frying just before serving.