After my Son Zion's Rainbow party the very next day I had to go to meet one of my good friends. Although we have been living in the same area for the last 2 years, never was able to go to her place. Finally met her last Saturday morning & what a pretty house she has! I am so in love with the way she has decorated the house. The princess style bedroom was my fav:)
Well in the morning I decided to bake some fresh chocolate chips cookies for her. Unfortunately all the chocolate chips I had was melted. So quickly I changed my mind & used the peanut butter chips to make these yummy crisp Peanut Butter cookies. I haven't used eggs, coz it was out of stock in my pantry. This is a very easy recipe & just takes not more than 5 mins to mix the ingredients. The dough can be refrigerated & used in future too. Well these set of heart shaped cookies are from the refrigerated dough that I made couple of days ago. As Valentine's day is nearing I wanted to make heart shaped decorated cookies. I have used royal icing for the decoration & I love the way it turned out. Lets get making these...
- 150 gms salted Butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbpn Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter chips (I used Hershey's)
- 1/4 Tspn Baking soda
- 1/2 tspn Baking powder
- Cream together butter, sugar & Vanilla essence
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter & make a dough. Add in some water/ or milk if required to get the required consistency. Finally mix in the peanut butter chips. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the cookie dough on a flat surface to 1 inch thick & use any shape cutter to cut them. Use some flour to dust on the dough if the dough is sticky. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.
- You can also add in 1 egg to this batter
- I put the dough in the freezer for 10 mins & then rolled them in shapes. (If you want to make them real fast follow this method)
- I used Royal icing to decorate the cookies.
Royal Icing Recipe:
2 Tbsp of meringue powder 0r 4 egg whites
4 cupssifted confectioners' sugar
1 Tspn Lemon extract
Beat egg whites in clean, large bowl with mixer at high speed until foamy (use only grade A clean, uncracked eggs). Gradually add sugar and lemon extract. Beat at high speed until thickened. NOTE: When dry, Royal Icing is very hard and resistant to damage that can occur during shipping/handling.