I Have been planning to try out 2 cake recipes from a long time & finally today I tried one of them. Since me & my hubby enjoy coconut flavor, I had decided to use coconut cream in my Vanilla cake recipe. This cake turned out very well. It looks so colourful & at the same time tastes divine. Again a simple recipe with a bit of twist:) I am sure kids will love this & a must try.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Makes one 8-inch cake
You’ll also need: mixing bowls, electric mixer or wire whisk, 8 inch round cake pan.we will need small bowls for mixing the batter with different colors.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Prepare the baking tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter & sugar. Add in slightly beaten eggs, coconut milk & mix well. Now add in the flour baking powder, vanilla essence & beat well for another 2 minutes or well combined. .
- I divided the mixture into 4 bowls with 5 tablespoons of cake batter in each bowl. I used Yellow, red, blue & green edible Wilton colors. You can use any color you may want. I used 1/4 tspn color to get the desired colors. You really need to add more color coz the color in the cake reduces after baking.
- Now is the tricky part. Well there are many ways to get the marble effect in your cake. What I did was... I took one color batter in a spoon & put it in the centre, than I used the 2nd color batter & poured it around the first color. Next 3rd color around the 2nd & 4th around the 3rd. Finally I just used the excess color batter to fill the gaps in the Pan. Tap the pan well on a flat surface & bake it in a preheated oven for about 40 to 50 mins or until tooth pick insert comes out clean.
- The cake turned out very good. Its super soft, tasty, melt in your mouth & moist.
- I had made 2 cakes in 1 week of different colors.
- Since I was in a hurry to taste the cake, I over turned the cake even before it cooled:) So the cake dint come out fully clean. I had some pieces stuck to the bottom of the pan hehehehe:) I am one impatient one:)