This is one of the common curries I make to go with Rotis. There are many variations of this curry I make. Its all mentioned in the notes. I dont like to stick to just one recipe. I always try to bring out different taste in my cooking. Everytime I make this I try to make it differently. This recipe is a simple one.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Medium size Onion Chopped
- 1 medium size Tomato
- 1 cip Paneer cubed
- 1 cup Green Peas (I used frozen)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp kasoori methi
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
In a Pan add 1 Tbsp oil, fry ginger garlic paste, onion, tomatoes untill its mushy. Remove from heat. once cooled grind this into a smooth paste. In 1/4 cup of hotwater add all the masalas mentioned above, mix well . In the same pan add another tbsp of oil, ground paste & masala paste. Let this cook well untill you see fat seperation. At this stage add in frozen peas with 1 cup of hot water & cook this for about 5 to 8 mins until the peas is cooked. Finally add the Paneer & kasoori methi. Close the lid of the pan & cook this for about 2 mins. Easy & healthy Panner mutter masala is ready.
- Dont add to much water. This is a semi thick gravy & goes well with rotis.
- If you want to make it rich & thick, Add 1/ 2 cup of cream or ground cashew paste.
- I added my masalas in hot water so that it blends well & gives a better flavour. I do this most of the time in my cooking.
- You can add fresh peas as well.
- You can soak the frozen peas in hot water to reduce the cooking time or even microwave it for 5 mins & add it directly to the gravy.
- Some times I also add some chicken stock (Knorr chicken cubes) This will totally bring out a very different flavour.