- 1kg Chicken, cut into 12 pieces
- 50ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Tbsp Pan Roasted Grated Coconut
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 Turmeric Leaves
- Salt as per taste
Ground Masla Paste
- 10 Red Chilis deseeded
- 15 dried Chilies softened in hot water, drain
- 15 Shallots (Small Red Onion), peeled
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 8 Candlenuts
- 3 Tbsp Lemongrass Sliced
- 1 inch Ginger peeled
- 1 Tsp Jaggery
- 1.1/2 Inch fresh turmeric peeled & chopped
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 to 4 birds eye chili (Optional)
- In a wok, add in Oil and stir-fry ground masala Paste. Simmer for 5- 8 minutes. Cover wok to avoid splatters.
- Add in Chicken, Coconut Milk, and Turmeric Leaves, mix well with Gravy.
- Boil for 30 minutes, or till Chicken becomes tender and the Gravy thickens. Wait till Oil separates to the sides.
- Add in the roasted, pounded desiccated Coconut (Kerisik), 1 Tsp Jaggery and Kaffir Lime Leaves. Add salt and sugar to taste. Simmer till gravy thickens.
- Dish and garnish with finely sliced Turmeric Leaves
- If you make it dry, you can have as appetizer.
- I had it with steamed rice.