I had picked up some long Eggplant/ Brinjals to make eggplant Parmesan. Since I dint have Parmesan cheese, I decided to make my own version of canapes. I had already made Soya Chunks Masala, I wanted to make some Appetiser too. Instead of making a separate filling for the eggplants. I decided to take few spoons of soya chunk masala (just before adding poppy seeds & cashew) for this recipe. For Soya Chunk Masala recipe click here
According to Wikipedia Canape is a small, prepared and usually decorative food, held in the fingers and often eaten in one bite. Canapes are very easy to make and a great Appetiser for any occasion. The best part is it can be prepared really fast .
- 1 Large Eggplant/ Brinjal cut into circles. (I used just half as I made for just 2 people)
- 3 Tbsp of Soya Chunk Masala
- 2 Tbsp of Shredded Cheddarar & mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp of Oil
- In a flat Pan add 1 tbsp of oil & shallow fry the brinjals for about 3 to 4 minutes on both sides.
- Now add in the topping on each of the Eggplant/ brinjal. I added just 1/2 tspn of masala topping & 1/4 tsp of shredded cheese.
- Cover a lid & cook for another minute until the cheese is melted. The canapes are ready to serve:) Thats so simple & easy right?
- I dint add any salt to Eggplant/ brinjal as there was enough in soya chunks masala & cheese. You can add some if you need extra saltiness
- I made this on a pan but you can bake this dish directly