Since I eat eggs, I really dint bother to try out the eggless cake recipes. As I have many vegetarian friends & they had asked for eggless cakes, I decided to try this recipe from Bhavanas kitchen. I must say this cake turned out very good & moist. I never thought that eggless cakes also can taste this good. These days when I dont have eggs in stock, I make eggless cakes:) This recipe is very simple & easy to make. I dont think you can go wrong with this:) Here is the recipe...
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 1/2 cup
Milkmaid (Condensed milk) - 1 cup
Sugar -1/4 cup (1 cup if you want it very sweet)
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Butter- 90 gms
Vanilla essence -1tsp
Seive maida, baking powder, soda nd keep it aside.Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes. Grease and flour the baking tray and keep it ready.(I used an 8 inch square baking tray).
Mix sugar with Butter. essence & condensed milk with a electric beater for 3 minutes.Now add the dry ingredients to the above wet mixture & beat for another 3 minutes until creamy.
Pour the mixture in the greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (180 degree C ) or until a toothprick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.Wait for the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- I always powder my sugar before adding
- Never open the Oven inbetween as the cake can fall flat.
- This cake cooks really fast & gets done in less than 30 mins
- Bake immediatly dont leave the batter out for too long
- Milk maid is already sweet so add sugar based on your taste preference
- I use salted butter. If you are using unsalted butter than remember to add 1/4 tsp of salt.
- I tried this recipe from Bhavana's veg recipe