I made this Panner dish I think 4 months ago & I totally missed out on putting up the recipe. My friends have been asking me on facebook to update & finally I am doing it now:) Well I made this specially for my expecting friend Renu, who was 3 months then. I actually made this non spicy, but You can add more chili's if you like it more hot. It is yummy... you must try this. Your family will ask for more so make sure you make plenty to serve all.
- 250 gm. Indian cottage cheese / Paneer
- 2 finely chopped Onion (medium)
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger & Garlic
- 3 half cut green chilies
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Cashew Paste (around 200 gms)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Oil
The original recipe does have tomatoes. I dint put them coz I used to get heart burn when I was pregnant, so thought will omit this. But you can add them while your frying the onions & also make a paste of this.
- The picture doesnot look good as I clicked it from my phone. I really want to make this dish again & upload a better picture.