I Love chocolate cakes & I have been making them from a really long time. This time I tried a very new recipe & I must say, this was very good. The baking time is a little longer than the normal cakes that I make. The cake is very moist & flavourful. Its a rich Double Chocolate cake. I call it double chocolate because I have used Coco powder & Melted Chocolate chips. Its a melt in your mouth kind of cakes. After having Zion, I have made so many friends in the condo. I take him along with my maid for his evening walks & play. I meet many of his friends & their moms. Its a good social time for me, as I get to interact with other moms while my little one is busy playing. I decided to get my cake tasted by my friends & they all loved it. The kids especially came back to me asking for more. Unfortunately I was left with none:( Well, I know now the next time I make. I need to carry more:). Here is the recipe
1.2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1.2 Cup powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Coco Powder
1 Tsp Instant Coffee
1 cup Melted semi Sweet chocolate chips
125 gms of salted Butter
1 cup hot water
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Grease a 6 inch cake tin.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, Instant coffee powder, baking powder & baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat the Butter, sugar, Vanilla essence for 5 minutes with a electric mixer. Now add eggs one at a time & beat them for another 2 minutes.
- Now Mix into that our flour mixture, melted chocolate, hot water together until smooth, using an electric mixer at slow speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. (Add more water if required)
- Transfer to bake tin and bake at 150 degrees c until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean, approximately 60 to 70 minutes.
- After the cake has cooled, slice the cake & enjoy
- I melted the chocolate chips in the micro wave
- Use eggs at room temperature.
- If you like the coffee taste, then you can add more spoons