Pork wasn't my favourite dish but after coming to Singapore, I realised that people here love to eat Pork. Very good pork is available in the markets & stores. You can select lean meat or any pieces you want here unlike in India. After making few Pork dishes, I have developed interest in Pork. The meat here is very tender & cooks really fast. I find it very juicy & tasty too. In Mangalore chili pork is very famous & you will find this in almost all chatholic wedding. This one is a very quick & easy one.
Cooking time: 30- 45 mins
- 1/2 kg Boneless Pork cut into think small pieces (cook it in a pan separately for about 10 mins with 1 tbspn of oil and water if required only)
- 1 medium onion cut into layers
- 1 medium Capsicum diced into cubes
- 2 red chili chopped
- 1 tbspn dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tspn sweet soya sauce
- 1/2 tspn black pepper powder
- 1/2 tspn Chili powder
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 6 garlic pods chopped
- 1 tbspn Oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a Pan add oil fry garlic, ginger, onion until translucent.
- Add all the sauces, masalas & saute for a minute.
- Now add cooked Pork to this and saute for 5 to 6 minutes. At last add in the capsicum, green/red chili and close the pan with a tight lid cook for 2 mins and turn off the gas. Yummy Pork is ready to serve.
For the Potatoes: Just boil thick sliced potatoes till its 70% cooked (1 whistle in pressure cooker) 10 to 15 mins in a pan. Add in salt, pinch of toasted cumin powder, 1/4 tspn of chili powder, pinch of black pepper powder, 1 tbspn Lemon Juice. In a flat Plan pour 1 tbspn of oil and shallow fry the potatoes until crisp