This is all time favorite Mangalorean special. My friends just love Neer Dosa and one can easily eat 10 to 15:) they are very thin and no oil at all. A very healthy and tasty dosa. It will take some time to master the skills to make the best Neer Dosa, The trick is in the making of Dosa. However the recipe is very easy. The temperature has to be right.
- one cup Dosa rice (soak for atleast 4 hrs)
- one table spoon cooked rice & water
- Blend the above to a fine paste, thin consistency like water.
- Now comes the challenge to explain:)
- Heat the pan (Non stick or iron) The pan shouldn't be too hot nor less.... medium heat should be ok.
- Now pour some batter in the pan and immediately spread it around holding the handle of the pan. Close the lid and in 10 seconds it will be ready.
- U can remove the dosa from the pan and put it upside down on a plate. Now fold it immediately into half and then to quarter.
hmmmm I will try to upload a video some day:)