Makes: 15 Buns
Making time: 4- 8 hours
Cooking time: 2 mins
- 2 cups Maida, all purpose flour & a little extra for binding
- 2 riped bananas
- 1/2 CUP Sugar
- 1/2 Tspn of baking soda
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- salt per taste
- 1/2 T spoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tspn Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp oil for dough
- Oil for deep frying
- Mash the Bananas with a fork to a smooth puree. Add in sugar & mix this well so that the sugar is well combined:
- Now combine the rest of the ingredients. Add water only if required. You need to bring all this together to form a soft dough.
- Once the dough is formed just pour 1 tbsp of oil & massage the dough around with this.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel & rest it in a warm place for at least 4 to 6 hours. The dough should double in size
- Now punch in the dough to remove any excess air pockets. Take a small ball size dough & with a rolling pin roll them into small round shape. This should be 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat the oil & fry these in the hot oil for 1 to 2 mins on both sides. While frying make sure you keep pouring the hot oil on top of these buns (Like we do while frying Pooris)